Effective project and program management are at the heart of delivering value for an organization.
Clients partner with Plaster Group to help build out PMOs, delivery complex projects, and create insightful reporting for their portfolios.
Effective Project & Program Management is the difference between a successful, on time, on budget project, and one that risks failure and shut down.
We have deep experience helping clients launch successful projects across a variety of industries, create business value, using proven tools and methodologies, while maintaining focus on your long-term business success.
Whether you are looking for end-to-end project management, to establish a new successful new PMO, or manage change around a specific initiative, let us partner with you to move your organization forward.
Project & Program Management
Heart of Delivering Value
Our team is well versed in a variety of delivery methodologies. This includes traditional Waterfall, Agile, and Agile/Waterfall hybrid methods. We approach each project as unique, customizing our approach to best fit the client, while integrating proven methodologies.
We understand how to define business goals, secure the right resources, develop and execute to a comprehensive project plan, manage risks, and engage stakeholders.
- Conception & Initiation – Clear outline of current to future state. Business Case, Project Charter, Business Requirements, Prioritization of competing projects within a portfolio.
- Planning & Tracking of Progress – Effective planning & project health visualization. Project Plan, Project Timeline, Budget & Forecast, Comprehensive Reporting, Industry Best Practices.
- Delivery & Measurement – Success through engagement and buy-in. Go / No Go Decision Matrix, Post Mortem Lessons Learned, Knowledge Transfer, Project Punchlist, Project Closeout and Final Reporting.
Rapid realignment to meet project objectives
Have a project that is off track? Our proven methodologies will help bring it back into alignment with your business. We will provide strategies to mitigate project risks, and re-focus attention on critical deliverables to get your project back on track.
Once your project is back on track, Plaster Group can assign the right individual or team to ensure the issues are resolved. Alternatively, our consultants will get your project back on track and transition knowledge and tools to the new or existing PM. In either situation, our comprehensive Project and Program Management Services can be initiated and utilized, regardless of how far along your project is in the lifecycle.
- Current State Assessment – Understand where the project has gotten off track. Understand and document project history, scope, budget, resources, and purpose and how they align with organizational objectives.
- Realignment & Recovery Plan – Rapidly realign to recover and meet objective. Prioritized opportunities, improved controls, and governance.
- Risk & Issue Assessment – Better business decisions through data. Identify areas that continue to post risk, evaluate impact, and probability, utilize thresholds and metrics to continuously monitor and control.
- Project Risk Management Plan – Success through risk improvements. Leverage industry standards to track and mediate risk and develop contingency plans.
New PMO Setup and Existing PMO Enhancement
Increased efficiencies and effectiveness
Our experienced consultants will ensure your Project Management Office (PMO) is properly setup and includes all the right elements, setting up your PMO for long-term success.
Plaster Group’s approach is to create a culture where project management is a valued competency embedded in the organization and where project leaders embrace the project management processes to ensure projects are delivered with quality, on-time, and on-budget. A successful PMO will provide you insight to project plans, connections, and dependencies between your various projects, while driving consistent communications and strategies across your organization’s projects.
We tailor our PMO set up strategy to each client to meet their individual needs. While we align with the PMP – PMI methodology, and bring years of experience, various methodologies, and toolkits, we recognize that each client has a unique set of needs and will require a tailored solution. Let us assist in building out a successful PMO that includes processes, tools, and techniques that are customized to your organization’s needs.
- PMO Best Practices – Setting up for long term success. Agile, Waterfall, or a combination that best suits your needs, tools, processes, templates, and roles.
- Current State Assessment and Standardization – Standardization across the organization for improved effectiveness. Understand your current maturity level and areas of improvement through standardization.
- KPIs & Metrics – Continuous tracking and improvement. Validate and improve your PMO design and maturity through metrics and rapid implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Communications Management – Success through stakeholder buy-in. Ensure proper communications to stakeholders regarding changes to PMO structure / new set up.
Engagement and adoption
Encompassing business process, organizational design and effectiveness, and people and culture first approach to address current and future business challenges.
We know there is no “one size fits all” solution that addresses every issue each organization may encounter after adopting new technology, initiating new products or market segments, transitioning under new leadership, or merging with another organization. Our solutions are based on our practitioner’s experience and understanding of best practices as they relate to defining an optimal change management plan that fits your unique situation. As always, Plaster Group’s approach comes from a “no ego” standpoint, to be open to input from others and understand that everyone, even those of us who have been in business for years, has something to learn.
We offer a comprehensive approach to organizational transformations to achieve smooth transitions with minimal disruption.
- Cultural Services – Creation, unification, and adoption. Cultural assessments, vision and integration workshops, integration, and unification plans
- Organizational Design & Redesign – Optimize productivity, resources, and employee effectiveness. Optimal operating model design, workforce planning , and transition.
- Process Design & Redesign – Effective, documented steps. As-Is processing mapping to To-Be design, pain point identification, and management, stakeholder buy in.
- Strategic Communications – Engagement and buy-in. Communications strategy, stakeholder identification, communications delivery.
- Training – Planning, Design, Train-the-Trainer. Training strategy, curriculum definition, onboarding of trainers, assessment.