Extensive experience improving complex supply chains in a variety of industries.
Supply chain management has become the centerpiece for organizations that know how to optimize their strategy, relationships, and processes.
Whether you are looking for a specific function to improve or a broad assessment of areas to focus on, let us partner with you on a right-sized engagement that moves your organization forward!
To begin the engagement, we typically conduct a Supply Chain Rapid Maturity Assessment, which identifies areas your supply chain can improve performance. The outcome will include recommendations for your supply chain that are appropriate to your organization’s needs.
Supply Chain Strategy & Transformation
Setting up for Long-Term Success
Improving both existing supply chain operations as well as new product launch starts with setting a goal and determining a strategy for how to achieve it. Our consultants have years of experience working with supply chains around the world by measuring their maturity and determining an optimal strategy and implementation plan for improvement.
As part of the Plaster Group Supply Chain Rapid Maturity Assessment we work closely with you to understand maturity levels across different supply chain categories to identify the most problematic constraints or “weakest links” that impede the achievement of your supply chain goals. Removing this “weakest link” is the most effective way to improve performance.
- Capability Assessment – Increase Performance. Measure supply chain maturity level to understand current needs to optimize needs.
- Market & Organizational Alignment – Understand Need and Fit. Prioritize improvement efforts to solve for dynamically-shifting “bottlenecks,” which can change as supply chains mature.
- Leveraging a Digital Supply Chain – Optimal Organizational Solutions. Compare your technology with industry benchmarks to evaluate ROI of potential investments.
- Supply Chain Risk Assessment – Identify Potential Pitfalls. Understanding risks to the supply chain—whether they are in material, data, or finance—will help create efficiencies.
Supply Chain Planning & Inventory Optimization
Better Business Decisions Through Data
End-to-end supply chain visibility is a popular concept today especially with the increased globalization for companies of all sizes. Visibility to your supply chain is key to supporting complete S&OP processes and improved supply and demand planning. It is essential to support the automation of physical, financial and system flows across the supply chain.
Our consultants work across partners, providers and contractors to ensure that data is successfully translated and managed to ensure that appropriate decisions can be made. Regardless if the problem is excess or short inventory, service disruptions or lack of system capacity, our consultants have encountered and implemented sustainable solutions.
- Forecast Building – Demand, Supply, and Price Confidence. Reduce production and inventory variability by improving forecasting abilities.
- Collaborative S&OP Processes – Visibility to Sales Leads to Operational Success. Reduce the internal “silos” of information by improving communication channels.
- Vendor Managed Inventory Strategies – Connect Demand with Supply in Real-Time. Understand workflow, eliminate waste, and reduce safety stock by getting material as-needed.
- New Product Introduction -Add, Maintain, and Remove Available Items. Implement an ongoing process rather than a one-time adjustment.
Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management
Driving a Value-Centric Approach
At Plaster Group we commonly see the largest opportunities to improve a supply chain, decrease costs, and drive efficiencies are through strategic sourcing and improved vendor management. Our experience shows that many companies have only started to realize the benefits that come from an integrated and collaborative approach across the enterprise.
When it comes to tackling your programs and projects on time, on budget, while aligning them with business unit goals, you need to be able to depend on your vendors. Count on Plaster Group to help you create a comprehensive vendor management program for oversight of contracts, performance, risk, relationship management, strategy, agility and value development all centered on one goal: receiving the greatest return for your effort.
- Vendor Selection & Optimization – Identify Value Creation Opportunities. Learn ways to partner with suppliers to reduce cost and increase quality together.
- Vendor Categorization – Segmentation for Prioritization. Prioritize suppliers to focus your improvement efforts and utilize time efficiently.
- Procurement Process Mapping – Physical | Financial | Data Flow. Understand all core sourcing and procurement processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Procurement Role Review – Develop Efficient Responsibilities. Ensure the proper level of resource commitment and role assignments for purchasing success.
Business Process Optimization
Success Through Process Efficiency
Plaster Group Consultants have unique expertise developed through our work in supply chains across different industries roles and geographies. We welcome the opportunity to dive deep into the details or tactics. Driving better process improvement demands that individuals know the process they are tasked with driving forward.
We use a combination of leading industry practices and client input to close gaps in performance and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. PG Consultants are experts at process mapping and documentation to support sustainable change in your organization. Our ability to work cross-functionally to support initiatives helps our clients exploit opportunities, eliminate waste, and stay on the critical path.
- Supply Chain Process Mapping – Compare Existing State to Desire. Identify workflows that exist, what events are required to achieve industry standards.
- Lean & Six Sigma Process Improvements -Identify and Eliminate Waste. Improve processes by systematically reducing process variation.
- Transportation Logistics Optimization – Move Material Efficiently. Consider cost and reliability required to ensure the most profitable means of transportation.
Why Plaster Group?
Our team has led lean improvement events in healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, consumer electronics, and consumer packaged goods. The results were improvements in new product introduction, reverse logistics, inventory utilization, working capital management and workforce management.